At Highland Hall, each grade takes three quarters of English and one quarter of Eurythmy. During the Eurythmy track, students will read two books: one choice from the book list and one required book. The book report on the book of choice will be due the first day of the third quarter English track that follows Eurythmy; the test on the required book will take place during the first week of the English track.
9th grade Eurythmy Track (2nd quarter):
1. Fahrenheit 451 – Ray Bradbury (Test - No written report)
2. A book of choice from the 9th grade book list. Students will write a five-paragraph book report. See information on writing book reports.
10th grade Eurythmy Track (4th Quarter):
1. The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald (Test - No written report)
2. A book of choice from the 10th grade book list with a written book report.
11th grade Eurythmy Track (3rd quarter):
1. Cannery Row – John Steinbeck (Test - No written report)
2. A book of choice from the 11th grade book list with a written book report.
12th grade Eurythmy Track (1st quarter):
1. 1984 – George Orwell (Test - No written report)
2. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep - Philip K. Dick (Test - no written report)