The Garden Gnome Society (GGS) at Highland Hall, founded by Leslie Beers and Orly Pittock, is a resilient and vibrant group of current and alumni parent volunteers who support landscaping endeavors, campus renovations, and farm projects. The GGS brings the community of Waldorf parents, alumni, and donors together to beautify our campus with the magic of new plants, bright colors, and fresh coats of paint.
This wonderful group also donates a weekly supply of food for the faculty! The GGS is a community supported group and all donations are welcomed! Please inquire about the farm supplies list if you wish to donate needed items.
Join us on Facebook
- We update our Facebook page regularly with photos, community events, and links to local businesses. Garden Gnome Facebook Group
Recent projects supported by the Garden Gnome Society at Highland Hall include:
- Renovation of the nursery play yard
- Tile replacement in the main office entrance and kitchen
- Painting in the school’s main office
- Support for radio advertising on KCRW and KCSN
Would you like to join the Garden Gnome Society at Highland Hall in supporting our school and our farm? Here is a current Wish List of needed items for you to consider:
- BCS 2 wheeled tractor with tiller attachment
- Chipper / Shredder attachment for BCS tractor
- 9’ x 12’ Greenhouse
- Rain gutters & rain barrels for hen house, greenhouse, tool shed
- Small refrigerator for storing harvested produce and farm made products
- 5 gallon salad spinner – to wash harvested greens before selling
- Pop up tents – needed to shade gardening classes and community workshops
- Grape arbor for north side of raised beds – will serve to shade archery class, windbreak next to vegetable beds
- Shade structure over current potting benches
- Dutch door for chicken coop to improve air circulation
- Mulch delivery – do you have contact with a tree service that can deliver mulch on a regular basis?
- Half wine barrels for container planting
To make a gift to the farm and garden please contact our Community Development Director, Meredith Cornelius at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support of the Garden Gnome Society at Highland Hall.