Parent Ed: Plant Dye Workshop, "Three ways to make a rainbow"
- Parent Ed: Plant Dye Workshop, "Three ways to make a rainbow"
- 9/14/2019, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Mona Lewis is delighted to offer her plant dye classes at Highland Hall once again.
This workshop series starts with the basics of plant dye, and progresses to more complex techniques. She plans to offer one workshop in the series each season.
In this first session, Ms. Lewis will prepare some fibers before hand, and give a tutorial for the scouring and mordent process, along with sources for the ingredients needed. The group will create three rainbows! Two on silk and one on wool yarn for everyone to take home.
This class is perfect for parents who would like to do dye projects with their children, and great for teachers and artists. We will be dyeing both silk (which can be used for play silks and puppet shows) and yarn.
Feel free to contact Ms. Lewis by email if you have any questions about the class.
Items to bring:
• A notebook to record your observations and keep samples in.
• Rubber gloves and write your name on them.
• OPTIONAL: 10 matching buttons to serve as your name tag in the dye pot.
• All other supplies included.
Mona Lewis will provide snacks, please bring a lunch.
Please RSVP below if you are interested. Space is limited.