Peek into the Early Grades for Rising 1st Grade Parents
- Peek into the Early Grades for Rising 1st Grade Parents
- 11/15/2022, 2:45 PM – 4:30 PM
- 1st Grade Classroom
Dear Rising First Grade Parent,
You are cordially invited to attend Highland Hall's Peek into the Early Grades. This important event about the transition into first grade will be held on Tuesday, November 15th, from 2:45 to 4:30 pm in the first grade classroom. Bianca Brousseau, our current Third Grade Teacher, and Mimi Devens, our Socio-Emotional Learning Counselor and former class teacher, will be sharing a picture of the curriculum through the early elementary years.
At our Peek into the Early Grades, you will experience a little of what the children enjoy each day, as well as learn about a child's developmental changes at this age. You will also learn about:
• How a strong foundation in reading and math literacy is built through a multi-modal approach that feeds a love for learning and creates deeper connection to fundamental concepts.
• How an integrated artistic curriculum feeds innumerable capacities, including to problem solve, to persevere, and to think three dimensionally.
• How the rich traditions of Waldorf education continue and support healthy rhythms and a vibrant community spirit, from kindergarten into the elementary grades.
• Day-to-day matters such as food, attendance, and being generally prepared for first grade.
• Specialty subjects such as Mandarin, Spanish, Crafts, Movement, Gardening, Social Emotional Learning, and Reading; and you will have the opportunity to meet some of the specialty teachers who will be with your children once they enter the first grade.
• And answers to any other questions or concerns that you may have!
Peek into the Early Grades is meant to support you in envisioning and preparing for the kind of experience your children will have when they enter first grade and continue their journey through school.
Please RSVP and indicate your aftercare needs in the sign-up form. Childcare will be available for the event at no cost to you. Please also note your attendance on the aftercare sign-out sheet.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions. We look forward to seeing you there!
T: 818-349-1394 ext. 233