Highland Hall follows the Los Angeles County Department of Health directives when formulating our COVID Protocols.
As of March 2023, LA County has defined the level of COVID transmission as "low." Of course, this can change at any time. Please read our updated COVID Protocols PDF file displayed in the righthand-side column.
A FEW KEY DETAILS:
- On campus testing provided by Heluna Health is available Monday mornings until 11 am. (Read details below)
- We have at-home COVID testing kits available for students and faculty to utilize when testing is required.
- After testing positive for COVID, masking continues for ten days if returning to school unless a person has had 2 sequential negative tests more than 24 hours apart.
- Masking is strongly recommended for ten days after a confirmed exposure to a positive case.
- Please test if a person is symptomatic:
- Symptoms for possible COVID 19 for ECC and Lower School students are: fever over 100, new cough; vomiting; or any onset diarrhea.
- Symptoms for High School students are: fever or feverish feelings, cough, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, fatigue, runny or stuffy nose, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- You may use any testing resource that is convenient for you, including a home test.
- Parents, please email the front office your student's test results.
- Testing is strongly recommended if a person had a positive COVID test and is returning to school between days 5-10.
- Testing is strongly recommended after being exposed to a positive case, and after 3-5 days from the last exposure.
COVID TESTING INFORMATION - Testing on Campus
If you would like to utilize this service at any time during this school year, please sign up here to register. Re-registration is required even if you used the service last year.
COVID TESTING - Where else can I get free testing from the County/City?
The COVID-19 testing sites on the LA County COVID-19 Testing website offer no-cost (free) testing. Some examples of LA County testing sites near school:
(1) Valley Urgent Care 9335 Reseda Blvd. #100, Northridge 1.17 miles away . Drive-up (by appointment) Walk-up (by appointment) Make an appointment
(2) Balboa Park OptumServe 5903 N. Balboa Blvd Van Nuys 4.4 miles away Drive-up only (by appointment) Make appointment
(3) Mid Valley YMCA City of Los Angeles 6901 Lennox Ave. Van Nuys 4.97 miles away No appointment necessary - register in person Walk-up only Make appointment
Additionally, the City of Los Angeles also offers free COVID-19 testing. Their interactive map makes it easy to find a testing site near you.
U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS) has also partnered with pharmacies and retail companies to accelerate testing for more Americans in communities across the country. Also see free at-home COVID-19 Tests website.
Please visit these companies' websites to learn more about their efforts to provide timely and accessible COVID-19 testing or to schedule an appointment.
No-cost testing is available at local health centers and select pharmacies:
For local testing information, visit the California health department's website.
How do I report COVID test results?
Does my student need to quarantine after we travel?
What protocols govern Highland Hall's handling of the COVID pandemic?
- For the most recent updates see the LA County Health Officer Order and the LA County Post Winter Surge Response Plan.
- For our PreK and K, Early Childhood Center, see the California Department of Health Guidance for Child Care Providers and Programs. As our ECC licensing is governed by the California Department of Social Services you might also find their publications helpful: COVID-19 Child Care Resources
- For Grades 1-12: See the Los Angeles County Department of Health Reopening Protocols and the California Department of Public Health CA Covid-19 School Readiness Hub.
- For the symptom, testing and quarantine protocols we are following see ScreeningEducationSettings.pdf (lacounty.gov) Decision Pathways.
- For AFTER SCHOOL SPORTS, see Reopening_YouthSports.pdf (lacounty.gov)
- For TRAVEL related issues, see Domestic Travel During COVID-19 | CDC
- For EXPOSURE MANAGEMENT protocols in the event of a positive COVID case in our community, see ExposureManagementPlan_K12Schools.pdf (lacounty.gov)
- For TEACHERS and STAFF employee related protocols, see Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Prevention Emergency Temporary Standards (ETS) generally and more specifically California Code of Regulations, Title 8, Section 3205. COVID-19 Prevention..