Welcome to Highland Hall's distance learning curriculum
This curriculum has been created, and enhanced over the year of our using it, to support our students (grades 1-12) and parents during the COVID-19 pandemic. See below for examples of distance learning at home and read on for how it works!
In the 2021-2022 school year, our distance learning curriculum will be utilized in Grades 1-12 on a class by class basis, only if a quarantine is required for the whole class. Individual students needing to quarantine will receive remote learning materials from their class teachers.
Please note that our Pre-school and Kindergarten programs do not utilize distance learning and instead make up any missed class days with make up days.
How it works:
For better organization of information, and to ensure that your children’s curriculum and their teachers are more accessible, each class now has an individual Sharepoint website. Each child has their own individual login for their class website, using their @highlandhall.org email address.
Key features of these websites are:
- Most recent curriculum information is highlighted.
- All curriculum documents are available in an easily downloadable file folder structure, if you prefer to work offline.
- A parent activated "File viewer" makes it easier to read information online.
- A live calendar is posted for scheduled zoom meetings and/or office hours.
- Static calendar pdf which shows all potential class meeting time slots.
- Link to sign up for office hours with teachers.
- Highlighted links to recently posted material and site “Activity."
All of your Beacon from the Hill curriculum will be managed through Microsoft Teams using your @highlandhall.org email address. To access Microsoft Teams go to office.com. We recommend downloading the MSN Teams App on your laptop or desktop.
Please look for emails from individual class teachers for any class that is quarantined.