Waldorf Education recognizes that studying another language provides a broader world perspective. At Highland Hall our students begin studying world languages in the first grade and continue each year until they graduate.
- All students in Grades 1-8 study both German and Spanish
- All High School students focus on German or Spanish for four years
- Immersion style instruction
- Emphasis on communicative fluency
- Cultural traditions, music, poetry, games, art
- Tutoring classes for new students
- Opportunity for study abroad for High School students
Student Exchange Program
Highland Hall has offered a successful high school student exchange program for over twenty-five years.
Exchanges have taken place with Waldorf schools in countries such as Germany, Austria, Israel, Brazil, Peru, and the Netherlands. While staying with a host family, students immerse themselves in the local language and culture while continuing their studies at a Waldorf School.