High School Admissions (Grades 9-12)
This enrollment page lists the entire process for applying to grades 9-12. We are now accepting applications for the current school year and the upcoming Fall. Follow the checklist below to ensure a complete submission of all materials.
Please direct all application inquiries to the Enrollment Office: Lara Chanley, Enrollment Director, at 818-349-1394 ext. 233 or [email protected].
Application Checklist for 9th through 12th Grades:
1. Parent(s) attend a School Tour
RSVP to Enrollment Office at 818-349-1394 ext. 233 or at [email protected].
2. Contact the Enrollment Office to arrange a date for your child (the student) to visit and experience their grade for a full day (7:50 am - 3:10 pm)
3. Complete the Online Application Form
- Submit the $125 application fee (non-refundable)
- Include a photo of your child
4. Submit Student Application
5. Next steps:
a) Complete and sign Transcript/Records Request. Send it to your child’s school for completion.
b) Request Letters of Recommendation from the student's math and English teachers. The letters must be e-mailed by recommenders to the Enrollment Office.
c) Educational or Neuropsychological Evaluation and 504/IEP (if applicable)
d) Submit a writing and a math sample of student work with teachers’ corrections.
- The enrollment staff works collaboratively with the faculty to facilitate an admissions process that is professional, meaningful and pedagogically sound. The most important criterion is that the family values and supports a Waldorf educational philosophy. It is also important to ascertain if we will be able to meet the needs of the student and the expectations of the family. Students who are well-rounded and highly motivated are most likely to thrive in the high school.
- Applications are reviewed by high school teachers. In most cases, applicants are recommended for an interview. The interview is conducted by two members of the high school faculty and, in some cases, an educational support specialist. Interviews which involve both the applicant and his/her parents or guardians range in length from 45 to 75 minutes. Applicants will also have an opportunity to share their accomplishments and present examples of their best work. There will be ample time for questions and discussion.
- It is highly recommended that High School applicants visit for a full day. Although this is not a requirement of a completed application, it often helps families decide whether or not to apply. We encourage 9th grade applicants to visit during the fall of their 8th grade year.
- Admission decisions are made by the High School faculty. Notification will be sent in writing within one week or as soon as possible once a decision has been made for late or mid-year applicants.
Tuition Assistance, Scholarships and Sibling Discount
Visit the Tuition & Financial Aid pages for specific information regarding our tuition assistance program and sibling discount. Highland Hall actively seeks to serve children from a broad range of economic backgrounds.
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
Highland Hall Waldorf School does not discriminate due to race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or other basis protected by law.